And Christy’s recipe for Coconut Bliss Granola with Key-Lime Soy Yogurt Parfaits – just in time for your Mother’s Day Brunch.
Let me first introduce you to Christy Morgan – The Blissful Chef – Vegan Macrobiotic Chef , Author, Educator, Recipe Creator and Speaker. She will show you how to access your bliss with tasty recipes that are free of processed foods, totally plant-based and good for you.
Blissful Bites: Vegan Meals That Nourish Mind, Body, and Planet (BenBella) is Christy’s first full-length cookbook and I had the pleasure of getting a copy to try out and offer to one lucky reader for a giveaway. You are not going to want to miss entering for your chance to win a copy; it’s an incredible cookbook.
There is something for everyone in this cookbook. Almost all of the recipes are gluten-free and she uses very limited amounts of oil, if any. The recipes are easy to follow, take less than 45 minutes to prepare, and contain ingredients that you can find in your local supermarket and/or health food store. The recipes are categorized by seasons, which will help you plan and eat accordingly. There’s also a great section detailing items that you should have in your pantry and cooking tools, so you can be well on your way to eating the blissful way. =)
I tried out several of Christy’s recipes in her cookbook and all were effortless to make, as well as incredibly fresh tasting and delicious. I chose to share her recipes for Coconut Bliss Granola and Key-Lime Soy Yogurt. Combined this makes a beautiful breakfast parfait to enjoy any day, but is also perfect for brunch with friends or family. For us, it will be on our menu for our Mother’s Day Brunch this Sunday.
Beautiful, isn’t it? And oh, so delicious…
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup shredded dried coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup brown rice crispy cereal
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped if whole
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Dash nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Mix all dry ingredients, except raisins, in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Transfer to a 9×13 glass casserole dish and evenly smooth across the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in raisins.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- 2 packages Mori-Nu silken tofu
- ½ cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor. Be sure to scrape the edges of the bowl a few times to incorporate all the tofu. Blend until smooth.
- Layer with Coconut Bliss Granola and fresh berries for a parfait.
This Giveaway is now closed..thanks to all who entered!
Now for the Giveaway…
To enter the contest, leave a comment telling me what’s your favorite vegan brunch recipe. Don’t forget to leave your contact information so I can let you know if you win. =)
You MUST leave each entry as a separate comment or only one comment will count.
- Like Christy Morgan The Blissful Chef Facebook and leave a comment on her wall.
- Subscribe to Virtually Vegan Mama
- Like Virtually Vegan Mama on Facebook and leave a comment on my wall.
- Follow Virtually Vegan Mama on Twitter
- Follow The Blissful Chef on Twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway and tell me that you tweeted in the comments section; “I just entered to win Blissful Bites Cookbook! @virtveganmama @TheBlissfulChef”
- Share this giveaway on your Facebook Page and tell me that you did so in the comments section
- Pin it
All entries must be completed no later than Saturday, May 18th 2013, at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Winner will be announced on Sunday, May 19th 2013, on my blog, and the winner will also be notified via the email address they provided in the comments section.
Giveaway open to U.S. and Canada residents only. =)