Courtesy of the lovely and amazing Julieanna Hever, also known as “The Plant-Based Dietitian” and host of “What Would Julieanna Do?,” airing on Veria Living (the TV network that showcases healthy lifestyle and wellness programming).
Julieanna is an advocate of the benefits of following a whole food, plant-based diet. She is the author of the best-selling book, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition and the nutrition columnist for VegNews Magazine. Her new TV series is a great source for healthy and delicious recipes!
Julieanna was kind enough to share this amazing recipe for her Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins with us. This is the perfect recipe for this time of year. These muffins are amazing, I made these for breakfast this morning and they are half gone already! =) The kids loved, loved, loved these!
Oh, and they are oil-free and refined sugar-free taboot! *love*
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1 (15-oz.) can sweet pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole oat flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 cup grain-sweetened dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, combine mashed banana, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, combine oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Transfer mixture to large bowl and mix together gently until well-combined. Avoid over-mixing to prevent toughness in the final product. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into silicon muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are lightly browned. Remove muffins from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Store muffins in an airtight container.
All ovens vary, so use your kitchen intuition!
Thanks again for sharing your recipe with us Julieanna and good luck on your new TV series. We are all looking forward to watching!