When RedEnvelope came to me and asked if I would feature my favorite, go-to holiday recipe on my blog and complement it with a gift from their Unique Anniversary Gifts, I couldn’t resist the challenge. Some of my favorite holiday recipes are non-vegan ones that I still want to veganize and recreate a healthier version. Since my creativity level is at an all-time high again, my mind quickly created this recipe – dessert perfection. Pomegranate & Pistachio Chocolate Fudge seemed like a very festive and delicious place to start!
Fudge is one of the most iconic sweet treats to indulge in during the holiday season and is perfect for gifting. Traditional fudge recipes require a lot of time to perfect a smooth, velvety fudge, but not this recipe. It’s so easy to make and I went through several trials to make sure I brought you the perfect holiday fudge recipe.
Pomegranate arils, pistachios, chocolate, peanut butter and a hint of orange make for an unbelievable flavor combination, perfectly complementing each other. When you bite into this fudge, the juice from pomegranate arils burst open with their natural sweetness, enhancing the flavors of the other ingredients. Seriously, prepare to have this fudge rock your world.
I know you are curious to see what gift I chose to compliment this fabulous fudge. So, before you go running off into the kitchen to make this recipe here it is.
I have personally gone to RedEnvelope in the past for unique gifts to give my mother and father, my in-laws, or that someone who has everything. I love gifting from RedEnvelope because I know I am going to find something that they wouldn’t normally buy themselves and/or don’t have already. I also love the ability to personalize an item and make it special.
What a perfect pairing this holiday fudge makes with these beautiful champagne flutes. It warms my heart to think of my loved ones sitting by the fire – insert carpet picnic – drinking out of these champagne flutes and indulging on this decadent dessert.
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup Earth Balance Coconut Peanut Butter
- 1 cup coconut butter, packed at room temperature
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅔ cup whole pistachios, shelled
- ⅔ cup fresh pomegranate arils
- 2 tsp fresh clementine zest
- Line a 8″ x 8″ pan with parchment paper, overlapping on all four sides.
- Combine maple syrup, peanut butter, coconut butter, cocoa powder, vanilla and sea salt in a high-powered blender or food processor and process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium-sized bowl and stir in pistachios, pomegranate arils, and clementine zest. Stir to combine.
- Transfer to pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Use your finger to even it out and make swirls on top. Place in refrigerator for a few hours or until firm. Slice into small squares.
- Store fudge in an air-tight container or freeze until ready to use. If storing in freezer, defrost for at least 15-20 minutes before serving.
I used Artisana Coconut Butter.
You can also use any nut butter of choice, but the peanut butter was really yummy in this recipe.
When spreading the fudge in the pan, push the pomegranate arils down with your finger into the fudge.
Make it raw by using raw peanut butter, raw pistachios and raw cacao powder.
What are some of your favorite desserts to gift over the holidays? Don’t be shy and share your thoughts, comments make my day!
This post is part of the RedEnvelope Holiday Recipe Round-Up but the content and ideas expressed are my own.