So what does a girl plan to post on her new blog for the first time? Chocolate Chip Cookies of course!!! Duh! =) Welcome to my new blog – Pure Thyme! Nourish your body with pure food, that is simple and delicious. Find inspiration to have fun, live well, find balance and embrace a more holistic life. I’m super excited to finally get this up and running. I have some really exciting things planned for this place. I can’t wait to see it evolve as I share my adventures in cooking, family life and holistic living. So, how about these cookies? These chewy, scrumptious chocolate chip cookies. They took some tweaking, but I now have my own chocolate chip cookie recipe to add to our family cookbook. They are a new family favorite, so try them for yourself and let us know what you think! You really can’t have enough chocolate chip cookie recipes!
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1¼ cups sifted spelt four
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoon organic light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- ⅓ cup grain sweetened or vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick baking mat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flaxseed and 3 tablespoons water and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients, stir until well mixed.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place spoonfuls of dough (about 1 tablespoon) on the prepared baking sheet and flatten. Bake 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. Let cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
Please visit the “Pure Me” section where I explain more on why and how this new blog came to be. I will be revisiting my recipes from Virtually Vegan Mama and reposting them here, but expect a lot of new content! Please subscribe to the new blog, follow this link. You do not want to miss out on all the fun stuff I have planned here! Oh and please leave a comment and tell me what you think of the new blog!