Flourless, gluten-free granola muffin clusters. These light and healthy clusters boast an irresistible creamy, crunchy sweetness. They will disappear quickly so watch out!
Since I can’t decide whether they are muffins or granola clusters, I guess I will call them Quinoa, Apricot and Oat Muffin Clusters!
- 1 cup of unsweetened dried apricots
- water for soaking
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup ground mixed nuts of choice (I used almonds, pecans and sunflower)
- ½ cup raisins or unsweetened dried fruit of your choice (I only had raisins, but would mix different kinds here next time)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ cup apricot paste
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal mixed with 6 tbsp warm water
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Cover apricots with cold water and soak for 4-6 hours.
- Remove apricots and reserve water.
- Place apricots in blender or food processor. Process until smooth. If needed, adjust consistency with some of the reserved water.
- Store the apricot paste in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to two weeks. Use as needed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a non-stick muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, set aside.
- Mix together flaxseed meal with warm water and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together quinoa, oats, mixed nuts, and raisins.
- In separate mixing bowl, add almond butter, apricot paste, flaxseed meal, almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Fold in dry ingredients and stir well.
- Spoon the granola mixture into each muffin cup filling almost to the top. Press mixture down firmly into each cup with the back of a spoon and/or your fingers. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool slightly before removing.
Enjoy these yummy and good for you treats….they are nutrient-rich and delish!