I was so thrilled to receive a preview copy of this new book and be able to share this amazing recipe with you! It’s a gorgeous book featuring 120 healthy recipes and lots of tips for a plant-based diet. A definite must have!
There are so many good things about this book it’s hard to find a starting place. It’s a beautiful book and the recipes are easy to make and delicious! This book is a great guide for anyone who wants to move their family towards a more plant-based lifestyle.
Written by Rich Roll (a renowned ultra-distance athlete and high-profile wellness advocate – and one of PETA’s Sexiest Vegans) and his wife, Julie Piatt (a chef, yogi, singer/songwriter, and homeschooling mother of four children), THE PLANTPOWER WAY is filled with more than 120 easy-to-prepare recipes, including hearty meals, healthful smoothies and juices, and decadent desserts that will tempt you to reinvent your family table, including:
- Ultra Queen K Performance Blend
- Ultra Energy Bars
- Un-tuna Wraps
- Roasted Tomato Cacao Sauce Over Penne
- Easy Crunchy Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
Packed with advice and practical tools like shopping lists, information on ingredients, simple cooking techniques, and more, THE PLANTPOWER WAY will help readers get back to the food that truly nourishes our bodies and souls, one healthy and delicious meal at a time.
Who loved these bars in my family? Everyone did! Especially my 5 year old son, he might have eaten the majority of them! Time to make some more.
- 1 cup raw almonds or walnuts, soaked overnight
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup dried goji berries
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder
- ¼ cup coconut, shredded
- Pinch large coarse Celtic sea salt
- 7-8 dates, soaked and pitted
- In a food processor, pulse nuts until mealy in texture.
- Now add the cacao nibs, hemp seeds, goji berries, cacao powder, shredded coconut and sea salt to the processor. Pulse again until ingredients are well-incorporated.
- With the motor running, add one date at a time. After seven dates, you will see the mixture ball-up on one side of the bowl. You may need to redistribute the mixture and process it again to make sure the dates are mixed in.
- On a piece of parchment paper, press the cookies in an even layer about ¼” thick.
- With a knife, score out a grid of rectangular shaped pieces approximately 2” x 3”. If desired, press additional hemp seeds or shredded coconut on the surface.
- Wrap in parchment paper or parchment bags. Take them out on a trail run, hike or bike ride to sustain you throughout your training session!
Avery Books has been generous enough to give me a copy of this book for a giveaway! The giveaway is open to US residents only and will run through 11:59pm on 5/8/15. Please use the box below to enter.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED =)
CONRATS TO HOLLY EDWARDS ON WINNING A COPY OF THE PLANTPOWER WAY!!!
Reprinted from The Plantpower Way by arrangement with Avery Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, A Penguin Random House Company. Copyright © 2015, Rich Roll & Julie Piatt