One of the many things I love about my husband is that he is super thoughtful. My morning routine includes squeezing in that much needed exercise super early before my hectic day begins. If I don’t get that exercise in before 7 am, forget about it!! So, when I came up from our basement from doing my exercise this morning, it was so wonderful that my hubby had this flavorful guacamole waiting for me. Nothing like a healthy post-workout meal to make this busy mama happy and full!
Matt – that’s my hubs – makes these wonderful slow cooked hash browns in a skillet almost everyday – don’t worry I will share – we top them with sautéed veggies and yummy salsas. This week he’s been making his signature guacamole to go along with it. He even surprised me with writing down the recipe! It’s the perfect recipe for this week because today is Cinco De Mayo. So, after I gobbled this down, I scrambled to take a photo of this wonderful dish so I can share it with you today. What better way to celebrate Cinco De Mayo than with a kick-ass recipe like this one!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 key limes, juiced
- ½ tomato, diced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 5 pickled jalapenos, diced
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeno juice (from the jar)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of the shell with a small spoon into a medium-sized bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork, but keep chunky. Add the key lime juice, tomato, onion, pickled jalapenos, pickled jalapeno juice, chopped cilantro, salt, and pepper and toss well.
Have a great day and leave a comment, I love to hear from you!