We do a lot of our cooking around here on Sunday, so during the week there is less time cooking and more time to enjoy with our family. I love to roast a head of garlic on Sunday to use in a variety of recipes during the week. My all time favorite was spreading warm roasted garlic on a baguette slathered with warm, melty brie. Sorry if I made your mouth water, but now I will just be saving that for my once a year treat! Sitting here writing that though, I can honestly say I haven’t even been missing my old cravings since beginning this new journey. I’ve been having to much fun coming up with the most nutritious versions of my favorite recipes to even think about it. My energy level has been through the roof and I’ve lost 7 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks! See you later baby weight and you can temp me all you want delicious brie, I’m over you! HA! =) Anyhow, back to roasted garlic. I love the flavor of roasted garlic better than sauteed garlic most of the times. It’s got such a creamy, sweet taste and it’s not so garlicky that you will be tasting it for the rest of the day! Not only does it taste good, but is good for you too. Garlic is nutrient-rich and supports a healthy immune system that has been shown to fight off colds, cancer, heart disease and infection. It’s so easy to do and so worth making it…Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
1-2 heads of garlic
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Using a knife, cut off a 1/4 inch of the tops, exposing the cloves of garlic.
3. Wrap garlic glove in tin foil twisting the top to seal in the garlic.
4. Roast directly on rack or on a tray for 40 minutes to 1 hour or until cloves feel soft to the touch.
5. Remove garlic from oven and allow to cool slightly. I find the easiest way to get the roasted garlic out is just by squeezing a clove with my fingers or you can use a small knife and fork to get it out.
6. Use as needed.